Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's the little things that matter.

I made pizza dough for the Super Bowl. We had some dough left over and after an extremely hectic day with work, soccer, basketball and one sick kid, I did not have time to cook dinner last night. I was in no mood for take out or a restaurant. I was tired and just wanted a glass of wine. John suggested the pizza. Minimal work, maximum pleasure. I gladly obliged. The pizza was delicious, if I do say so. I asked John to open a bottle of wine and what did he do? He opened our last bottle of Giovanni Almondo Roero. We have a case of 2009, but this is the last bottle of 2008. The 2008 is better than its younger sister. So delicious. I did not want to eat it with pizza. Even if it is homemade pizza. We have pizza wine. We have bottles Ca La Bionda Valpolicella for that. No matter. We had our pizza and our last bottle of 2008 Roero. The men at Moore Brothers always seem to find me the best fit for my tastes, but they cannot seem to magically find cases that are no longer available. WHY? Don't they know how much I love this wine? Ahhhh, life. If I could have an endless supply would it be as good? Probably. It is that good. I must just continue to try new wines to replace our favorite. We did have one that we liked even more. It was the same bottle, but 2007. Imagine that.

I have come to the conclusion that it is okay to drink expensive elusive wine with pizza. Worthy pizza. It was a delicious evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment