Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter = Bourbon


John and I love bourbon. We had a delicious dinner in New Orleans at Sylvain over the holidays. Sylvain's cocktails were intriguing. I was torn between Dennis' Sidecar and the Superfly Snuka. I had both, but that is another matter. Our lovely waitress, when asked for her preference, returned with another question, "Are you a bourbon girl?" Why yes! Yes, I am. She stated that I could not go wrong with the Sidecar. I did not. It was delicious. The Snuka was delicious as well, just so ya' know.

John and I use the cold weather as an excuse to drink bourbon. Bourbon just warms your toes, does it not?

This is our favorite cocktail. You may question our mixing really good bourbon with other stuff, but I have found that it is just more delicious with expensive bourbon. It is my opinion and I am sticking with it.

J+S Winter Drink
*Makes two drinks, cause drinking bourbon with a friend is best.

Bulleit, Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve bourbon
1 lemon, cut in half
2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar (Muscovado is best)

  • Squeeze half a lemon directly into your glass x 2
  • add one tablespoon of brown sugar in to glass x 2
  • mix
  • fill glass with ice
  • fill to top with bourbon
  • using a shaker cup, pour contents of glass back and forth until thoroughly mixed
ENJOY! It is tart, it is strong and cozy. Curl up with your favorite friend (John is my mine) and discuss. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment