Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And in comes 2012...


It is hard to believe that 2012 is here. I can remember the whole Y2k debacle and I find it funny that time is flying. All those old people always preaching about how life just zooms by. As a young adult you just do not think of these things, nor do you care. Life is to be savored, not ticked off. Well, I guess I am getting old. 2012! I am reeling.

We have had a great year at Capo. I feel energized and hopeful as we approach our 10th anniversary. It's a year away, but it is a big deal. We have always tried to embrace the lifestyle, the feeling, the joy that is our business. Taking things slow and not always the easy way. We think it is worth it.

I want to focus on that. The path of exploration and challenge. Figuring out what works. It can be quite a journey. Capo has always been a place where I can take my time and test the waters. It is a lifestyle that makes us all happy here.

So....we want to share more of that with you. Not just the gelato, but the "una passagiatta". Our daily stroll each day. In Italy, Italians take a daily stroll to the gelateria. The ritual of walking, sometimes alone, sometimes arm in arm, sometimes with a gaggle to get your daily fix of gelato. Whether a cone or cup, no matter. It is the journey and the end.

Last night we had pizza for dinner. It has taken me 6 years to get the crust right. Home pizza is very different from pizzeria or restaurant pizza. The journey was awesome, if not frustrating and the end was truly rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment